Graphic Design Final Blog 

                                                                https://www.behance.net/reganfunkhdbc9


Project 1: infographic


The first project I am going to talk about is my infographic project. This project took about 2 weeks to complete. This project we used Adobe Illustrator and it was a challenge because we haven't used AL very much so we had to learn how to use all the tools in the program. In this project I learned how to use the curve tool to trace and draw images. When I started using the curve tool my lines were kind of messy so Mrs. Beaudoin helped me and showed me how to use the tool correctly. I had a layout planned for this graphic but once I got all my graphics created and completed I couldn't fit them on the 11x17 page so I had to reconfigure the graphics to make the flow of the project better. I think this infographics is one of my better projects because it is very original and I was able to learn new technics so I can make the project more professional. Overall this project turned out very good.


Project 2: Fall icons 











This project was one of my first AL projects. This project only took one or two days because there were a lot of copying and pasting. Some challenges I faced was trying to make sure everything was symmetrical because if each side of the graphic was uneven it could make it look wrong. In this project I learned how to make shapes and I learn lots of copying and pasting techniques. Some of my shapes were not the same as the original picture so Mrs. Beaudoin wanted me to try to make the shapes closer to the original picture. I kept my design original to what I planned it to be. I think this project was a good project and I did well on it.


Project 3: Raccoon 

My raccoon project took about a week to do. This was my first AL project and it was one of my hardest projects. One of the biggest challenges was that I was unfamiliar with the program so I was having a hard time figuring out how to use the tools. I had to get help to learn the tools so I could finish the project so I learned how to use the AL tools. My teacher had some advice about how to fix it next time and I learned from my mistakes. The picture is a little different than my original design. Even though this project was harder I learned a lot from it.




How do I use my time in class?
Every time I finished a project I would ask my teacher if there was any changes that I needed to make and if she had some things she wanted me to fix then I would fix them. If not and I finished early then I would work on outside of school work or take a brain break. I did some research on my projects and I used behance to get inspiration for my projects by other influencers.  When I am not in school I work with my aunt and her company to design t-shirts, cups, etc. I also work at my church to make invites and I create lighting sets. I use the tools I learned in photoshop and illustrator to make these graphics.


What are you strengths as a graphic design student?
I have an eye for design and I enjoy it very much. I want to do Graphic Design as a career so I work had as a student to strengthen my skills and I am going to go to college for it. This will be valuable for future jobs and I will be very experienced in that field.

What are your areas in need of improvement?
I think I need to learn how to use Illustrator tools better because I need to be comfortable with using the program so I can assure that I will be able to make professional work. I also can improve my time management skills and learn to use my time wisely and if I get done quickly then I need to try to push myself harder to improve my skills.

Summary:
I think my favorite thing about this semester is just getting to know how to use photoshop better because I love using it outside of school to work for other companies and I really enjoy it. Sometimes I struggled with learning projects over a PDF so having lectures would have made it easier for me so that's one thing I might change. I learned a lot this semester and I've loved getting to know new tools and being able to use them outside of class. I won't be in ecomm next semester but I hope I can continue using my skills and learning from other graphic designers and become very experienced. I can't wait for what the future holds with my Graphic Design career.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog