News Story Blog
NEWS STORY
Brady Slavens is a senior at Olathe Northwest high school. Brady has been playing baseball for about 10 years. He works hard everyday making himself better and working towards doing baseball as a career, but he doesn’t just work hard for baseball, he also is a very good student. He strives to have A’s and has been awarded many academic rewards. Even with his smarts he wants to be a professional baseball player, that’s his dream.
  When I talked to Brady about his time commitment for baseball he said he works on his skills everyday whether at baseball practice or going outside with his dad to practice. Brady is a very good influence on his friends and is a role model at Olathe Northwest and he has big plans for his future.


When writing a news story there are a few things you need to take into consideration. First ask yourself, who?, what?, when?, where?, and how? Then you will use the inverted pyramid theory to build a good story. Start with the most important which is the lead then you'll apply who, what, when, where, why starting from most important information to least important information. I applied this to my story even though it is short it is full of information about Brady and his baseball career. 

I like writing news stories because they get right to the point, they don't add a lot of fluff but they are strait facts and they get to the point. I think the story was very informative and gives the reader plenty of information about the subject. I think that my stories are straight to the point so that is one thing I would not change about my story because that is what a news story is suppose to be like.
I think by the end of this project I will know how to write a good news story and I will learn a lot from it because I've never written a news story before. I can't wait to begin on this project because I am very interested in it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog