Video Production Final Blog


ONW NOW News Story



This week we worked on a news story for ONW NOW, this was our last video for the semester. This video took us about a week to do but with some set backs it took us a little over a week to finish.  We decided to film Mr. Zuck to ask about his opinion about the laptops. We had to reschedule 2 times so that threw us off track but those days we spent filming broll. Once we got an appointment we began by asking Mr. Zuck the questions we wrote about the laptops. I learned that sometimes you plans won't work out how its suppose to so we need to have plenty of back up plans to assure that we will have our film for the video. My teacher had some feedback for us that we need to have a strong back up plan so we aren't rushing to finish in the end. The original video we were planning on doing an interview over a different teacher but we decided to change that and do an interview on Mr. Zuck and his opinion on the laptops. I think this video went good and my videos from the beginning of the year to now have improved a lot. 

Brady Interview Project


This project we interviewed senior, Brady Slavens. This project was a multiple week video and it was very time consuming because we had to schedule many appointments for interviews. This video was challenging because we had Thanksgiving break in between the process of making the video so it was difficult to get everything done on time to make sure we got the video turned in on time. Like the last video I learned that time management is very important and having back up plans is a smart idea. My teacher encouraged me to have a back up subject in case Brady cancelled the interview. We changed the location of the video a few times because some places were too noisy and other places had bad lighting. This was one of my hardest videos but in the end it all turned out good.

How do you use your time in class?

I have used my time in class very well and I work hard in class to get my videos in class. I have also came in during Raven 50 to make sure my videos are my best work. When I finished my video early then I would do my blog post so I could finish my whole project. I work at my church to make videos just like my ecomm videos for entertainment so that gives me practice for my ecomm videos and I can use my skills I learn in ecomm to use outside of school.

My strengths and things I need to improve
I think my strengths is directing and filming. I enjoy being in charge of the video and making sure everything goes smooth and I also like filming and using different shots of a subject. I need to improve on time management because there are times I ran out of time and its important to make sure I get my videos done on time because that's what I would have to do with a real client. I am working on improving this and getting help from teachers and my team helps me stay on track.

ONW NOW Sophomore Edition 
I loved working on this video because it was different then what I usually make. Watching the ONW NOW videos every Thursday had made me want to make them and I had the privilege to make one for the end of the semester. I was the story director of the group so I helped choose the story to do for the news story. I learned that time management is very important especially when you have a hard dead line. This video also pushed me to do my best because there are a lot of people who are going to see it. I really enjoyed this project.

Summary
 I loved getting to work with all the people in my class and I have built relationships with the different teams I've had. If I could change anything I think I would give us more time because some of the dead lines were too fast for the quality of video we were making. I learned about the different shots and how to interview people, and learned new techniques that have helped me improved as a video producer. My goal for next year would to be more familiar with the camera and how to use it and to keep pushing myself to be a better editor and producer.

I have really enjoyed this class this semester and I can't wait to use the skill I learned in future projects and videos outside of school.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog